Marking National Inclusion Week 2021
UNITING SUPPORT FOR INCLUSION ACROSS YOUR ORGANISATION IS A KEY WAY TO GET AHEAD
With attitudes towards sexual orientation and gender identity continuing to evolve, we believe that advancing LGBT+ diversity, equity and inclusiveness (DE&I) must become routine. As organisations adopt more inclusive practices and enhance their ESG focus, it is an opportune time for the financial services industry to come together and collectively address the barriers to LGBT+ progress. Uniting support across departments, and their stakeholders, at an enter-prise level is the only way.
LEADERSHIP + DATA + ACCOUNTABILITY = ACTION
- Leadership is about creating the right environment for inclusion
- Data is about measuring the effectiveness of efforts being taken
- Accountability is transparency and defining who is responsible for what
- Inclusion means leveraging differences and continuous improvement
WHAT IS NATIONAL INCLUSION WEEK?
- National Inclusion Week is a weeklong initiative that aims to shine a light on workplace diversity and inclusion progress.
- In 2021, the week runs from Monday 27th September to Sunday 3rd October and will be marked by organisations from different industries.
- Every year National Inclusion Week has an annual theme and this year is #UnitedForInclusion covering all diversity and inclusion dimensions.
- National Inclusion Week provides the opportunity to highlight the issues faced by LGBT+ talent and springboard conversations and good practices when thinking about inclusion as a whole.
- LGBT Great believes that LGBT+ inclusion is a temporary state that few organisations ever achieve.
- Forward-thinking organisations and leaders recognise this and work to make continuous improvements.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENTS SHOULD BE REVIEWED, TRACKED AND MEASURED
- LGBT Great operates a cutting edge tool called the iiBT.
- The iiBT is LGBT Great’s industry-focussed LGBT+ bench marketing framework.
- This framework is made up of 10 different enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion indicators.
- The process is designed to connect and inspire stakeholder groups across the organisation.
- Scoring is completed across the indicators to provide a current state analysis and identify the gaps.
- The completion group is then brought together to assess the results and confirm objectives.
To find out how we can support you please get in touch at email@example.com