Head of Talent and Development
Who is the Allied People Group?
APG is a group of two companies, The Ocean Partnership Limited and LGBT Great Limited. This is a pivotal and exciting moment for the organisation. We are growing our client accounts, expanding into new business lines, and intensifying our push to grow. Ocean is passionate, collaborative and expert at supporting organisations to recruit candidates from a diverse talent pool within specific niche markets.
The Ocean Partnership is a trusted recruitment partner to a portfolio of Financial Services companies in the UK. LGBT Great is a platform of 50 Financial Services organisations working together to improve LGBT+ sustainability. Together, we are the Allied People Group and have an ambitious growth plan over the next 5 years which we want this person to be a key part of. Where we go, you will go too.
We have a hybrid working policy, which means you will manage your own diary, but we would love to see you at the offices, in Warnford Court, at least twice a week. We believe that regular facetime with team members is very important. This role is one that will work directly with both internal and external stakeholders and some travel to client site maybe required from time to time.
Why are we recruiting this important role now?
As of January 2022, we became the Allied People Group, our group company and home to The Ocean Partnership and LGBT Great. To, succeed, the development of our group people and talent function is of key strategic priority and fully supported by our Board of Directors.
Why is this a great opportunity to thrive?
The Head of Talent and Development will be empowered to design, and build, an internal talent and development function from ground up and across both company brands. The role also provides the opportunity to engage with a portfolio of client organisations externally, to be a visible representative of the company and help us grow our brand.
The role will empower you to develop and lead the talent management cycle from initial search and selection, through to employee onboarding, training, skill development, empowerment and performance management. The role will also be responsible for ensuring that our values permeate all parts of the company’s existence and that they are lived and breathed every day.
What are the role opportunities and responsibilities?
Internal Recruitment and Talent Attraction
• Design and build out of the recruitment and attraction strategy.
• Design and development of the company’s story and employer branding.
• Responsibility for talent mapping, pooling and resourcing of candidates.
Talent and Leadership Development
• Design and build out of the skills and competency frameworks.
• Design and build out of knowledge collaterals and company-wide training.
• Design and execution of annual talent reviews.
• Supporting employees to set, review and monitor Objectives and Key Results.
• Empowering employees to prepare for their monthly and annual review meetings.
• Roll out of talent reviews and tracking of key performance indicators.
Culture and Empowerment
• Create a culture of ambition and aspiration for high performance.
• Responsibility for bringing the Ocean and LGBT Great teams together culturally.
• Ensuring the company values are practiced and visible in everything we say and do.
• Empowering the company values and embedding into everyday behaviours.
• Ownership of the quarterly company APG company meeting with all employees.
• Design and execution of the employee experience and engagement survey.
External Training and Consultancy
• Participating in the delivery of insights training and workshops to members and clients.
• Becoming a diversity, equity and inclusion subject matter expert in the marketplace.
• Development of leadership development programmes for under-represented communities.
• Strategic input into the development of mentoring programmes across client groups.
What will you bring to the Allied People Group?
• A high level of ambition and personal motivation to succeed.
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
• Experience of developing effective talent strategies in high performance environments.
• A proven track record of leading and executing in a stand-alone function.
• Excellent attention to detail with proven experience of advising executive stakeholders.
• Strong delivery focus with the ability to drive responsibilities and priorities forward.
• Experience within a tech, consulting, sales, recruitment or diversity business environment.
• Experience of working within subscription business model would be an advantage.
• Prior experience in working within a professional services environment.
• A passion to work within a growing, fast paced ‘start up’ culture.
What experience, qualifications and skills will you need?
• CIPD part qualified/ qualified, ideally at Level 7 (Masters or equivalent) with a range of psychometric tool accreditations e.g., Hogan, Insights, Wave, EQ, 16PF.
• Proven experience in an execution focussed recruitment and talent attraction role.
• Proven experience in building successful talent and leadership development interventions.
• Excellent written, verbal and stakeholder communications skills.
• Excellent organisation skills with the ability to set goals and achieve them.
• Be conscious of and able to develop and introduce new talent strategies and projects.
• Be able to demonstrate and prove commercial awareness and client focus.
• An unconnected talent and interest which makes you unique.
What is our recruitment process?
1. 1st Interview – Clare Scott – APG, Co-Founder and COO
2. 2nd Interview – Matt Cameron - APG, Co-Founder and CEO | Other Team Members
3. Final Discussion – Team meet and great at Warnford Court