Group Marketing and Events Manager
Who is Allied People Group?
APG is a group of two small (but growing!) social impact organisations called, The Ocean Partnership and LGBT Great. This is a pivotal and exciting moment for the organisation as we have grown our client accounts, expanded into new business lines, and now we are intensifying our push to grow further.
Ocean is passionate, collaborative and expert at supporting organisations to recruit candidates from a diverse talent pool within specific niche markets. LGBT Great is our platform of over 50 financial organisations working together to improve LGBT+ sustainability.
Why are we recruiting a Group Marketing and Events Manager now?
As of January 2022, we became the Allied People Group, our group company and home to The Ocean Partnership and LGBT Great. To succeed, the development of our group marketing and events function is of key strategic priority and fully supported by our Board of Directors.
The Group Marketing and Events Manager will be responsible for the design and set up of this business-critical function and is a key pillar of growth. The role will not only be internal facing but will also come with the opportunity to engage externally with our external clients and member organisations.
What are the different role responsibilities and your opportunities to shine?
Marketing Campaign Design and Execution:
- E2E delivery of awareness marketing campaigns to include full 360 design, initiation, and go-live.
- Creation of tools to support clients in recognizing critical diversity, equity, and inclusion themes.
- Drafting of marketing materials to include email and website copy, advertisements, and blogs.
- Working with insights to bring to life concepts and key messages across the full marketing mix.
Social Media Strategy and Execution
- E2E design and delivery of the LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube strategies.
- Design and delivery of social media visual assets to include animated and static content.
- Ownership of the social media content schedule for all channels.
- Strategic exploration and implementation of short-form video content (inc. TikTok) as growth areas.
- Implementation of Podcast as an engagement tool to amplify voices and create safe spaces.
- Execution of content publishing using Hootsuite and the monitoring engagement analytics.
Website and Customer Relationship Platform Management
- Ownership of Website and CRM to ensure content is kept fresh and updated.
- Continuous monitoring of the effectiveness of the website and making required enhancements.
- Developing strategies to build and engage the company’s communities.
Event Project Management
- Programming of the annual event calendar across virtual and face-to-face events.
- Design of invitations, ownership of member briefing meetings and driving event attendance.
- Supporting insights and content with the preparation of event and presentation materials.
Engagement and Community
- Engagement with clients and member organisations to advise on branding and visibility issues.
- Representing the organisation at virtual and F2F events, participating in panel discussions.
- Developing a network of partners and charities to increase community on the platform.
What will you bring to our organisation?
- Proven career experience working within a busy marketing and events role operating across the full marketing mix ideally within a membership environment.
- Extensive experience in the designing of marketing strategy alongside tactical execution.
- Proven capacity to operate with self-motivation, proactiveness and responsiveness, with an approach to responsibilities which action and target orientated.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work independently and manage projects involving lots of stakeholders with many moving parts.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and drafting copy and thought-leadership collateral.
- Prior experience in LGBT+, people, talent, diversity and inclusion, marketing, and communications, would be a significant advantage. However, this isn’t essential if you have the willingness to learn!
What technical skills do you need to have?
- Proven and expert digital skills across digital platforms, including GlueUp, Canva, Adobe InDesign, Hootsuite, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram. Including experience in running paid social media campaigns and promotions.
- Excellent design skills with the ability to create visually impactful content using Canva.
- Excellent analytics skills with a comprehensive understanding of marketing metrics and ROI.
- Excellent MS Office knowledge (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Experience with GlueUp membership management software or similar.
What is our recruitment process?
- 1st stage interview – with Matt Cameron, Group Managing Director
- 2nd stage Interview – Alex Hoare, Global Insights and Content Manager and Lauren Cahill, Operations Leader, and Project Manager. This will include a short case study discussion.
- 3rd stage interview – with Clare Scott, Group Managing Director
What is the role type? Full time
Where is the role based? Our HQ at Warnford Court, 29 Throgmorton Street, London
What are the working practices? We support hybrid working with flexible and SMART options are available and to be agreed.